[OFB Cafe] Who's Still on Here?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Jun 26 21:55:35 CDT 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 8:57 PM, Peter Hollings wrote:

> It seems to me that the most fundamental thing is how we characterize
> the attacks of 911. Were these:
>
>    * the attacks of fanatical Muslims in a "Clash of Civilizations"
>    * the understandable response of Middle Eastern people to attempts
>      by western powers to subjugate their people and obtain control
>      over their natural resources
>    * an attempt by powers within the USA to create a political climate
>      conducive to active military operations overseas.
>
> If we could prove one of these scenarios, then we should be able to
> narrow the conversation.

	That's certainly a succinct summary of the issues. Nice job, Peter.
Now just find a way to prove any given one of those points to anyone
holding any of those other points, and you'll really have something. :-)

Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas