[OFB Cafe] Who's Still on Here?

Peter Hollings PeterHollings at Comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 20:57:55 CDT 2008

It seems to me that the most fundamental thing is how we characterize
the attacks of 911. Were these:

    * the attacks of fanatical Muslims in a "Clash of Civilizations"
    * the understandable response of Middle Eastern people to attempts
      by western powers to subjugate their people and obtain control
      over their natural resources
    * an attempt by powers within the USA to create a political climate
      conducive to active military operations overseas.

If we could prove one of these scenarios, then we should be able to
narrow the conversation.

Peter Hollings