[OFB Cafe] Liberals Run From First Amendment Support

Fred Smith fps at xicada.com
Mon Jul 28 11:59:46 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
>        Even though I'm conservative, I never liked Fox News because I
> thought it was merely in the tank for conservatives. I'd rather watch
> those arguing for the other side. But, I've gained respect for them
> over the past election cycle. They were the only network that did
> something other than just root for Obama (e.g. they actually realized
> there were other candidates in both parties -- how surprising!).

It's always been understood that Fox is completely supportive of
anything that Bush and Co. decide to do, regardless of stupid stuff
like the Constitution or international law, but recently the White
house press secretary explained that the white house views Fox as
their own little marketing department, to the point that white house
staff actually writes scripts for Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity's
shows. Seriously;  they write the scripts and choose the guests for
these two shows.

http://www.webtvhub.com/fox-news-officially-busted-video-bill-oreilly-sean-hannity-are-ventriloquist-dummies/#more-3394

And as for Fox being the "only network that didn't just root for
Obama";  they did a little bit more than not root for him.

--  Fox reports that a common greeting used by anyone under the age of
140 is a "terrorist fist-jab" when used by Barack Obama

--  Fox calls Michelle Obama "Obama's baby mama," Which is
simultaneously ridiculously racist, and also implies that the Obama's
aren't actually married.

-- Bill O'Reilly (and therefore, the Bush whitehouse) has stated that
Michelle Obama should be lynched for her views.

-- Fox has consistently called Obama a muslim, despite the fact that
he isn't, and refuses to correct themselves.

-- Fox has consistently been using 8+ year old footage of John McCain
to make him look younger.

-- Fox routinely edits video clips to remove parts that make McCain
look foolish.  In one instance, McCain said "I really don't love
america" and Fox edited it out. On multiple occasions, they've edited
interviews where McCain gets confused about middle east geography or
religious groups.

To say that Fox is anything but a Bush/McCain mouthpiece is just delusional.

-Fred