[OFB Cafe] Climatology vs. Climatism

Derek Broughton auspex at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jul 24 21:11:16 CDT 2008

On July 24, 2008 20:40:14 Donald R Spoon wrote:
> I love this quote:
> > Models are the manufactured reality of our age. They are the goat
> > entrails of the 21^st Century. Just as selecting the right goat to
> > kill and reading the entrails was the province of the highly select
> > and self anointed, so too with models. People obsessively want to know
> > the future and models are the channels to next month, next year, the
> > next decade and indeed the next three to four decades.
>
> The quote is from this article discusses the differences between
> Climatology (the science) and Climatism (the social belief system).
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6y2acb

It's funny how any time somebody disagrees with anybody else's science, they
say their opinions are scientific, and the opponent's are just dogmatism.

The quote from Gregory is of course completely unrelated to either climatology
or climatism, as he - like many Christians before and since - believed the
end of the world was nigh for completely different reasons.
--
derek