[OFB Cafe] Climatology vs. Climatism

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 24 18:40:14 CDT 2008

I love this quote:

> Models are the manufactured reality of our age. They are the goat
> entrails of the 21^st Century. Just as selecting the right goat to
> kill and reading the entrails was the province of the highly select
> and self anointed, so too with models. People obsessively want to know
> the future and models are the channels to next month, next year, the
> next decade and indeed the next three to four decades.

The quote is from this article discusses the differences between
Climatology (the science) and Climatism (the social belief system).

http://tinyurl.com/6y2acb

We do have a few goats around here if anybody doesn't have a good model
to use.  I can get them VERY cheap!  I will just need to obtain the
services of a few goat herders to start the drive of the herd north to
y'all...

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-