[OFB Cafe] High Maintenence

Kris Deugau kdeugau at deepnet.cx
Wed Jul 23 20:10:31 CDT 2008

Jeez!  One week I've been at head office and only intermittently reading
this account, the next I've been flooded with time-sensitive
hurry-up-and-wait work, and what happens?  The list explodes with
traffic.  <g>

Donald R Spoon wrote:
> I got the below from another list hauted by a few Old Geezers like me.
> Ron occasionally writes on what he sees around him from the small town
> of Ankeny, Iowa.  He makes me smile...

>>  Her toenails
>> weren't merely painted.  They were adorned with li'l baubles layered on top
>> of the nail polish base.  I didn't close enough to see what form they took,
>> but they appeared to be little portraits, each distinct.  I became fixated
>> upon the amount of time and craft required to make these look as they did.

Not much.  I'm pretty sure I found it in my spam folder, but there's a
company in Asia that makes fingernail printers - essentially a
highly-customized inkjet printer whose ink is nail polish (more or
less), and whose print surface is a fingernail (or, with a suitable
adapter, a toenail).  You can have one too for about 5K!  <g>  (I'd dig
up the link, but I'm not sure which set of bookmarks it's buried in.)

Feed in pretty much any digital image, push the button, wait a minute or
so, and let dry.

-kgd