[OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 20:25:52 CDT 2008

I almost hate to interrupt the flow of the Cafe
with a new topic, but I received the following
except in an email today. Does anyone (I *know*
Chris will) have any details on this or maybe some pro/con discussion?

"Bio Fuels: We've all heard about
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001lIjxWswRiPTZAryXBBcUkyRVFRbw4TDEY_rS2JPcNQrqt2wUqPn7wOBQpqZctEN52bsgPa97zCEAT6BFXkiio4nAvxay1A286YGRoB2TmpRr8OOoOL3lcJvedPrrL5fn8mPYX704inDUE8l5PgFNGzxfJyDJtJUp>ethanol,
which is a bio fuel produced from corn, that is
added to the gasoline we use in our cars. On the
heating oil side, there is
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001lIjxWswRiPScSzRIuKUyvQwATrQ9IlOm3kMRh1NDwx4hOhgFNzfdrqGOdYA_DYQCgOkt5hGpA49MTAUEUa2ILRlWvTn36X6fWsWMlBAsY8mTXlU-IBu_tqJjdQywj44rN_jFQoHAzuc=>Bioheat
®. This is a 2% to 5% blend of
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001lIjxWswRiPSEdBXHx8WZY8UHIA8n1BmgG5TQtx0uJbkN8HDpacLen60IfZO0bIWWBgqTY1Z_UHfh_kIZAGrmfZZ_pEsejUnGlpEmz7SGt-YKQRMJBEc65tk_1b_bA8PATCTdpWMkh_6j4KRINIMSH1AuImNVjE5A>bio-diesel
that is mixed with regular heating oil. There are
a lot of things to like about Bioheat®, including
the environmental benefits of producing fewer
harmful emissions during production and
combustion and also reducing the carbon dioxide
to the atmosphere by 78%. Beginning this fall,
PriceEnergy's customers in certain markets will
have the choice of ordering either Bioheat®, or
regular heating oil. Watch for more information,
or <mailto:customerservice at priceenergy.com>send
us an e-mail with your questions. "

~Hick