[OFB Cafe] High Maintenence

Derek Broughton auspex at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jul 17 08:00:24 CDT 2008

On July 17, 2008 01:25:17 Donald R Spoon wrote:

> > It left me pondering the natures of beauty and vanity.  These remain high
> > on the ladder of American priorities, particularly for American women.
> > As I headed for my POV, I lamented the thing she lacked for attainment of
> > easy, genuine beauty.  A congenial smile would have outdone all that
> > primping and preening.  At least that's how it looks from my recliner.

LOL.  My wife captured me with a crooked smile the first time I saw her...

I know exactly the type he means.  And I know an older (ie, nearing mandatory
retirement age) woman who was clearly a real looker when young, but had
extremely bad teeth.  When I first knew her, not only wouldn't she smile, but
possibly couldn't.  Then she got very sick - apparently because of the state
of her teeth - and when she returned to work, she had had almost all of her
teeth pulled and replaced with good dentures.  With that alone, she looked -
and acted - 20 years younger.
--
derek