[OFB Cafe] Old Computers for Old Guys

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Jul 18 19:36:47 CDT 2008

Rick Bowers wrote:
> At Thursday 7/17/2008 01:22, you wrote:
>>> I also used to do a lot of photography work.
>> I've recently been > thinking about what to do
>> with my older film SLRs -- all Minoltas. I >
>> wish I could use the lenses for a digital SLR,
>> but Sony bought > Minolta and the older lenses
>> don't work with the new bodies.
>
> Note: The formatting of this message came out
> horribly wrong. I use Eudora on Windows as my
> mail client. I couldn't see any of your response,
> until I expanded the message headers.
>
>> Do you have the old manual focus Minoltas? I
>> thought everything in  the Minolta A/MAXXUM/Sony
>> α AF mount should work with the Sony DSLRs.
>
> I've got an old SRT-101 and an X-700. The lenses
> are mostly Minolta Rokkor with one or two after
> market ones. None are auto-focus lenses. I
> believe auto-focus lenses started with the MAXXUM
> line. My cameras all pre-date the MAXXUM. :-(

Rick, Minolta years ago made an 85mm lens that was THE BEST, period, THE
BEST portrait ever produced for 135mm!! Those were the days when Minolta
was "Minolta" and made it's own glass, including the crucibles. They
were as good or better in some lenses than Nikon and Canon. But, that
was then and this is now. ;)

Fred

--
This message originated from a Linux computer using Open Source software:
openSuSE Linux 11.0 No Gates, no Windows....just Linux - STABLE & SECURE!