[OFB Cafe] Old Computers for Old Guys

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 11:54:43 CDT 2008

At Thursday 7/17/2008 01:22, you wrote:
> > I also used to do a lot of photography work.
> I've recently been > thinking about what to do
> with my older film SLRs -- all Minoltas. I >
> wish I could use the lenses for a digital SLR,
> but Sony bought > Minolta and the older lenses
> don't work with the new bodies.

Note: The formatting of this message came out
horribly wrong. I use Eudora on Windows as my
mail client. I couldn't see any of your response,
until I expanded the message headers.

>Do you have the old manual focus Minoltas? I
>thought everything in  the Minolta A/MAXXUM/Sony
>α AF mount should work with the Sony DSLRs.

I've got an old SRT-101 and an X-700. The lenses
are mostly Minolta Rokkor with one or two after
market ones. None are auto-focus lenses. I
believe auto-focus lenses started with the MAXXUM
line. My cameras all pre-date the MAXXUM. :-(

~Rick