[OFB Cafe] Congress hard at work

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Jul 18 17:06:18 CDT 2008

> This is significant for all Americans.  If you think your car
> deserves a day of official national recognition, just write your
> congressional representative and Git 'er Done!  Our lawmakers can't
> seem to curb unregulated speculator bidding on the commodity
> markets, do anything about the Iraq War, or even wipe their own
> ass.  But they can establish National Corvette Day with a swipe of
> the pen when a special interest group "donates" to their campaign
> fund.

	Good to know. I really think there ought to be a national Beetle day.
After all, what says more about Americans' love for cars than that
smiley one that sold more copies than any other ever built?

Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton