[OFB Cafe] Old Computers for Old Guys

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Jul 15 21:18:16 CDT 2008

> i have corel draw for OS/2, and word/dos 3.0 onward. procomm 2.42
> and 2.43,
> the shareware, and procomm plus, of course. what a great app that was.
> back when going online was special. oh, and prodigy 1.0, along with
> the
> set of utilities that made its cartoonish interface almost useful.

	Ah, I rather miss Prodigy sometimes. Simpler days. I was so excited
when they added real photographs to news stories and they would draw
on the screen one line at a time...

> all that stuff, which i haul from place to place -- along with my
> darkroom
> equipment. when i moved here three years ago i brought teo omega and
> one
> big durst enlargers, and trays and tanks and dryers and everything,
> leaving valuable stuff behind to make room. i had been here for a week
> when i eastman kodak announced it was no longer making black-and-white
> chemistry. alas.

	Do you buy your chemicals from elsewhere or did you give up?

	I'm fascinated by film, although digital is so much more cost
effective, it's mostly a observer type fascination. I have been
tinkering with an old Minolta SRT-201 that I located and I'm trying to
revive for my parents, however. They have fond memories of the SRT
series SLRs.

Timothy R. Butler | "He that has and a little tiny wit—
Editor, OFB.biz   | With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,—
tbutler at ofb.biz   | Must make content with his fortunes fit,
timothybutler.us  | For the rain it raineth every day."
                                   -- Feste the Fool (Shakespeare)