[OFB Cafe] anybody know anything about kde icon themes?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Jan 24 19:09:49 CST 2008

> actually, i ran gnome for about 30 panicked minutes yesterday. had
> done the
> install of every application remotely of interest while installing
> the new
> kubuntu . . . then copied my old ~ to an external hard drive and
> then to
> the new 'puter. rebooted . . . and up came gnome! couldn't get rtid
> of it!
> finally found a setting in kdm that let me switch. what a terrible
> sensation, though!

	Aw, it's not so bad. It's not quite as glitzy, but it runs fast and
looks clean. It's methodology is more Mac-like, though, so I think
that throws people off at first, since KDE is more Windows-like.

> lot of friends have macs and they are way cool. i'm too stubborn
> and poor
> to switch, though. i think i have an old powerpc mac upstairs
> someplace,
> but the monitor will not deliver one of the colors, so it's kinda
> purple.

	You need a KVM switch. Then you could hook the Mac up to your main
screen along with your other computer.

> | 	Nah. One can never get to old to test out new desktop environments
> | and see what havoc they wreck on a system.
>
> even then. i'm tired of arguing with people for having done something
> incredibly stupid such as, oh, i dunno . . . deprecating the
> classic icon
> theme or, say, dumping the old email addressbook . . .

	Ah, yes. KDE needs to get a Plaxo connector to make moving address
books around easier...

Timothy R. Butler | "He that has and a little tiny wit—
Editor, OFB.biz   | With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,—
tbutler at ofb.biz   | Must make content with his fortunes fit,
timothybutler.us  | For the rain it raineth every day."
                                   -- Feste the Fool (Shakespeare)