[OFB Cafe] anybody know anything about kde icon themes?

dep dep at drippingwithirony.com
Thu Jan 24 16:36:23 CST 2008

said Timothy Butler:

| 	<flamebait to get the list going>You should switch to GNOME -- it'd
| help with the slowness.</flamebait to get the list going>

actually, i ran gnome for about 30 panicked minutes yesterday. had done the
install of every application remotely of interest while installing the new
kubuntu . . . then copied my old ~ to an external hard drive and then to
the new 'puter. rebooted . . . and up came gnome! couldn't get rtid of it!
finally found a setting in kdm that let me switch. what a terrible
sensation, though!

| 	I'm still over in the Mac universe myself, running on my aging, but
| still rather perky PowerMac G5. I need to upgrade the OS on this
| system. My laptop is running OS X Leopard, but my desktop is still on
| Tiger (mostly from lack of time to get it upgraded).

lot of friends have macs and they are way cool. i'm too stubborn and poor
to switch, though. i think i have an old powerpc mac upstairs someplace,
but the monitor will not deliver one of the colors, so it's kinda purple.

| 	Nah. One can never get to old to test out new desktop environments
| and see what havoc they wreck on a system.

even then. i'm tired of arguing with people for having done something
incredibly stupid such as, oh, i dunno . . . deprecating the classic icon
theme or, say, dumping the old email addressbook . . .
--
dep

Get "Right By Me," the exciting new album from Marjorie Thompson
available now at http://www.marjoriethompson.com