[OFB Cafe] anybody know anything about kde icon themes?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Jan 24 14:15:31 CST 2008

> january is when computers break -- i think it's the static.
>
> sounds as if you are keeping busy, anyway.

	Yes, indeed; sounds like you are as well.

> | 	How about yourself?
>
> 'twixt the music business, writing, and travel, pretty busy. just put
> together a new machine, after five years with the old one. amd 5000
> + w/4
> gigs and my first sata hard drive. wish i could say it's oodles faster
> than the old one, but i don't see a lot of difference -- then
> again, i'm
> not compiling much stuff anymore; the ubuntu/debian tools make staying
> current pretty easy.

	Yeah, I tired of manually compiling everything too. That sounds like
a nicely spec'ed system.

	<flamebait to get the list going>You should switch to GNOME -- it'd
help with the slowness.</flamebait to get the list going>

	I'm still over in the Mac universe myself, running on my aging, but
still rather perky PowerMac G5. I need to upgrade the OS on this
system. My laptop is running OS X Leopard, but my desktop is still on
Tiger (mostly from lack of time to get it upgraded).

> until we get to kde4. i'm getting too old for this . . .

	Nah. One can never get to old to test out new desktop environments
and see what havoc they wreck on a system.

	-TIm

---
Timothy R. Butler | "He that has and a little tiny wit—
Editor, OFB.biz   | With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,—
tbutler at ofb.biz   | Must make content with his fortunes fit,
timothybutler.us  | For the rain it raineth every day."
                                   -- Feste the Fool (Shakespeare)