[OFB Cafe] PD: Something to Fan the Flames... OFB Endorses Candidates

Fred Smith fps at xicada.com
Sat Feb 2 09:56:57 CST 2008

On Feb 2, 2008, at 8:13 AM, dep wrote:
> the media have certainly crowned him, haven't they. i do modify my
> statement above -- if mccain is nominated, the space gets left blank
> on my
> ballot. because then either candidate is going to render the country
> unrecognizable, and if the country gets wrecked, i'd just as soon it
> be on
> the democrats.

You say "gets wrecked" as if it isn't already.   The economy has
tanked, we're the least liked country since Nazi Germany, Bush has
created a whole raft of police state laws and precedents that will
take a long time to reverse, and we're entrenched in a war that is
creating more new terrorists by the second.   Programs like no child
left behind have destroyed all the useful social programs that our
government provided, and yet the government is wasting more money that
it ever has before.  It's going to take years to dismantle Bush's
conservative, "small government" bureaucracy, and I'm pretty sure that
it will take centuries to repair our reputation with the rest of the
world.  Three years ago, he was deemed the worst president in history,
and things haven't gotten any better for him since then.  I can't see
how anyone could do worse.