[OFB Cafe] New Laptop... A Report

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Dec 10 12:39:02 CST 2008

saki wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
>> saki wrote:
>
>>> BTW in what ways is OpenSuSE more "complete distro than the others"?
>>
>> The packages included in a DVD release.....takes me a lot less time to
>> upgrade a number of systems in a day. And, of course, there's
>> Yast...simply the best admin. tool of all. ;)
>>

> I can appreciate that carrying a fully loaded DVD makes life easier, but
> in what way(s) is Debian inferior to SuSE in the choice of applications
> (ignoring non-free, non-open source, of course)?
>
> I appreciate it's "horses for courses", but I have never found either
> distribution lacking except insofar as I have mentioned my problems with
> SuSE 11 installation.
>
> YMMV!

Yes......it sure does! I tried Debian a couple of years ago at a client
site on some older hardware....hardware that I was certain openSUSE
would support. I had all kinds of grief from Debian......didn't support
a number of hardware. I quickly got tired of it, since time is money ya
know, booted the openSUSE DVD and got the job done.

Fred

--
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to