[OFB Cafe] New Laptop... A Report

saki tjmc at torhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 13:11:49 CST 2008

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> saki wrote:

>> BTW in what ways is OpenSuSE more "complete distro than the others"?
>
> The packages included in a DVD release.....takes me a lot less time to
> upgrade a number of systems in a day. And, of course, there's
> Yast...simply the best admin. tool of all. ;)

I can appreciate that carrying a fully loaded DVD makes life easier, but
in what way(s) is Debian inferior to SuSE in the choice of applications
(ignoring non-free, non-open source, of course)?

I appreciate it's "horses for courses", but I have never found either
distribution lacking except insofar as I have mentioned my problems with
SuSE 11 installation.

YMMV!

Terence