[OFB Cafe] Tuesday, Boris the Mayor, and Thomas the Rhymer

saki tjmc at torhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 00:58:28 CDT 2008

Timothy Butler wrote:

> 	It's interesting that you mention that "nobody wants to mention him."
> I was thinking the same thing the other day. People do seem to have a
> sense that there is something wrong with siding with Shakespeare,
> don't they?

I don't- in fact I have just introduced a friend of mine to the sonnets,
and am having fun discussing them them with her.

I have hopes that she will not stop there.

BTW I remember a OUDS film production of Marlowe's Dr Faustus with
Richard Burton- the man who played Mephistopheles was excellent in that
role. Anyone else seen it?

Terence