[CS-FSLUG] Pi and nxfilter for churches

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue Jun 9 07:16:56 CDT 2020

I have always appreciated the nx-filter content filtering software.  I
was looking at their webpages recently and saw that they have made their
content filtering free for churches. (https://nxfilter.org/p3/events/)

Our church has a lot of youth events and I kept suggesting that we add
some content filtering.  When we found the software was free, I
convinced them to buy a raspberry-pi 4.  It makes a pretty useful, and
fairly cheap addition.

The only down-side is that it seems that the license key will need to be
renewed semi-regularly (2 times a year?).  I have not done that yet.

How are folks doing during this time of uncertainty?

     - Tim