[CS-FSLUG] OT: Biblical doom of Damascus could be ‘right before our eyes’ - A VERY interesting read!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Sep 3 11:07:33 CDT 2013

With U.S. warships looming offshore, reports of chemical weapons and
saber-rattling from Iran about the coming of Armageddon, the nation of
Syria and its capital, Damascus, are at the epicenter of what some
suggest may become a prophesied battle of biblical proportions.

“Many students of the Word of God see a major alignment of ancient
prophecies regarding the end times being fulfilled right before our
eyes,” asserts Carl Gallups, pastor, radio host and author of “The Magic
Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending the Christian Faith.”
<http://superstore.wnd.com/books/books-by-author/The-Magic-Man-in-the-Sky-Effectively-Defending-the-Christian-Faith-Hardcover>
“More importantly, we are the first generation in history to see such
dramatic and striking alignments.”

Gallups points to the biblical passage of Psalm 83 – which tells of the
nations surrounding Israel conspiring against it – and especially to
Isaiah 17, which tells of a day when Damascus, often cited as the oldest
continuously inhabited city in the world, will be utterly destroyed.

“Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a
ruinous heap,” states the ancient prophet Isaiah. “The fortress also
shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant
of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith
the LORD of hosts.”

“I also want to note,” adds author of “The 9/11 Prophecy,”
<http://superstore.wnd.com/books/The-9-11-Prophecy-Hardcover> James F.
Fitzgerald, “that the prophecy of the destruction of Damascus in Isaiah
17 is directly connected in its context to the fall of Ephraim and the
Northern Kingdom of Israel as Isaiah previously warned in chapter 9:10.
That is the same prophecy messianic rabbi Jonathan Cahn has written
about in ‘The Harbinger’
<http://superstore.wnd.com/books/The-Harbinger-The-ancient-mystery-that-holds-the-secret-of-Americas-future-Paperback>
and in ‘The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment’
<http://superstore.wnd.com/video/WND-Films/The-Isaiah-910-Judgment-Is-There-An-Ancient-Mystery-That-Fortells-Americas-Future-DVD>
documentary, where he’s applied the specific pattern of judgment there
to the remarkable events that have transpired here in America after 9/11.”

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/biblical-doom-of-damascus-right-before-our-eyes/

--
Trusting Obama With Border Security Is Like Trusting
Bill Clinton With Your Daughter!