[CS-FSLUG] A word about Secure Boot and Lenovo

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Jan 6 21:45:05 CST 2013

On 01/06/2013 07:11 PM, Micah Yoder wrote:
> Until then, trying to figure out what to do with the partitions that
> come on it.  I do want to keep Windows 8 for various reasons - it will
> be my only Windows computer and I have a few things I want to be able
> to run on it, and I want to compile and test my current coding project
> on Windows.  It isn't 100% clear what all the partitions are.  I
> assume the last one after the data partition is the recovery partition
> - I copied that to a flash card so I should be able to delete it and
> shrink the data partition as normal.
>
> After that, I hope Fedora 18's installer will seamlessly install it
> via UEFI in a dual boot arrangment.  Installed Arch Linux on my new
> desktop via UEFI this summer, but no attempt to dual boot with that one.

You should be able to look at the partition structure in Ubuntu....piece
of cake with openSuSE. One of the partitions is an XP compatibility
partition.....take a look see and you won't see the past "normal" setup.

Fred

--
I mean no disrespect to our elected officials but they need to understand that "We
the People" will not be disarmed. If they proceed then it is they that are provoking

Are you willing to die to take my guns?