[CS-FSLUG] indoctrination, was Re: Microsoft Technology Mandated in GA Colleges?

Yama Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:09:51 CST 2013

:-) Exactly my thought today when I was at church, this quote could be
adapted to our environs.

I could say my pastor is one of the most honest pastors I have been
blessed with, and he's trying his best to get us to have faith. Yet, the
whole /church/ thing is /so/ fake, despite his best efforts, mostly
because of the church-ey baggage that is pretty much unavoidable in a
well established congregation.
Yet, this pastor does try, and I enormously respect that. He's the only
one I have heard from the pulpit dare say that tithing is not
Bible-mandated. Guts! (and good Scripture interpretation IMHO)  (my
apologies to anyone who see this matter differently - you are entitled
to your opinion, just here agreeing with David on the benefits of own
Bible-studying)

Yama

so, let me try, out of academic curiosity,

"Ideally, what should be said to every church-goer, repeatedly, throughout his
or her church life is something like this: 'You are in the process of
being indoctrinated. We have not yet created a system of church that
is not a system of indoctrination. We are sorry, but it is the best we
can do. What you are being taught here is an amalgam of current
prejudice and the choices of this particular church or denomination. The slightest look
at history will show how impermanent these must be. You are being taught
by people who have been able to accommodate themselves to a regime of
theology laid down by their predecessors. It is a self-perpetuating
system. Those of you who are more robust and individual than others will
be encouraged to leave and find ways of finding Christ yourself --- educating
your own faith. Those that stay must remember, always, and all the
time, that they are being moulded and patterned to fit into the narrow
and particular needs of this particular church or denomination."

I suspect Mrs. Lessing might not be pleased...