[CS-FSLUG] LDAP and RADIUS

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 22:26:54 CDT 2012

On 09/15/2012 05:15 PM, Timothy Butler wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Does anyone know of a good "appliance" distro that comes preconfigured with LDAP and RADIUS? I'm looking for something that is sort of like FreeNAS is for network storage -- a cohesive distribution intended to do authentication. Or, at least a good server distro that has an LDAP server and RADIUS built in, ala Mac OS X Server, which integrates both of those into its core configuration system.

The three traditional Small Business Server distros have been ebox (now
zentyal), ClearOS, and SME Server.  I don't know the current state of
the three, but about a year ago thought about going with ClearOS before
getting pulled off in another direction.

You might also look into the myriad firewall plus everything distros
like Vyatta, Endian, Untangled, etc.