[CS-FSLUG] OT: How to Get Fired from a Seminary

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Sep 9 20:56:13 CDT 2012

On 09/09/2012 09:20 PM, dcolburn at bibleseven.com wrote:
> Paul warned of such people.
>
> Here in GA we also have the "Bible Baptist" group which promotes
> racism, falsely claiming that blacks were cursed in the OT, and KJV-only
> (idolatry of a translation).

'Must be a "southern" thing you guys have. O:-)

> Others idolatize tradition, celebrity, worldly success, congregational
> size,
> entertainment, politics, etc.

All of the entrapments of the world, eh?

> The line between apostasy and blasphemy can be difficult to define
> sometimes - all I know is that most of the organized "church" is
> worthless and much of the rest is an enemy of truth.

'Sure appears to be so! I have a suspicion that one of our key problems
is that MOST don't read their Bible for themselves...cover to cover and
FREQUENTLY!! Most are "spoon fed" and unfortunately, by misfits like
Joel Olsteen.....just to mention one of them.

> The "Church" is far more rare than associational and denominational
> statistics would suggest.

Agreed.

Fred

--
Apparently, we are supposed to be more angry about what
Mitt Romney does with his money than what Barack Obama