[CS-FSLUG] outdoors wifi

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Wed Sep 5 15:20:29 CDT 2012

On 9/5/2012 2:33 PM, dcolburn at bibleseven.com wrote:
> OpenDNS is an excellent tool for filtering - you just change your
> DNS settings then go to their site and adjust the settings to your
> preferences.

OpenDNS is very simple to set up and configure, but I should
reiterate that OpenDNS now charges for non-home use (it used to be
free).  So it is no longer free for a use such as in an RV park.  A
number of the non-profits I work with have had to either start paying
for OpenDNS or switch to another filtering solution.  If you are
interested in paying for OpenDNS, however, I would recommend going
through wingnet.net (which is a Christian reseller for OpenDNS, among
other things).  Wingnet does a lot to help missions, so going through
them will serve dual purpose.

     - Tim Young