[CS-FSLUG] Ethernet Testing

Peter J. Vasquez Sr. pjvasquez at baeyogin.com
Wed Sep 5 11:16:14 CDT 2012

Tim,

The impact of the T568A or T568B choices depend largely on
environmental factors, and possible sources of interference.  If you
can re-crimp to T568B, that would at least maintain the standard for
straight-thru cable.  As for the re-twisting, you can give it a try
and see if that helps (wrapping with thick duct tape has helped me
before in similar situations, just make sure the twists are the same).
 I've seen similar situations (exposing the cable) when the person
running it meant the cable to terminate to a 110 pt 66 block for phone
systems.  It's possible if the cable was already in place that the
person who originally ran it stripped the sheathing with the intention
of using it for phones.  Let me know if re-crimping or
cutting/coupling works.  If not, there are few other choices except to
re-run the cable (if the conduit is not bent at an odd angle, or
collapsed somewhere, you should be able to use the existing cable as a
pull string).