[CS-FSLUG] web hosting suggetions - Forking the thread ...

dcolburn at bibleseven.com dcolburn at bibleseven.com
Fri May 4 11:26:35 CDT 2012

Because of the recent server problem I learned that multiple accounts on
different servers provides redundancy - meaning that one may keep working
if a server-provider is hacked, closed, and/or suffers some other cause of
failure (manmade or natural disaster, etc).

I have one E-mail account & Web site on GoDaddy (a domain name source),
one E-mail on my ISP, and the rest of my E-mails and all but one of my Web
sites on one host server.

It's that last group I am considering decentralizing to two or three
different
server providers.

Meanwhile I am also looking into creating my own "cloud".

I already do that, sorta, by building a Web site with links and documents
I may access wherever I am.  What I want to add is a simple way to copy
documents and images to one or more of the servers that host my domains;
for safe-keeping, to get them off my Android-phone, and to be able to
access them quickly from wherever I am (and to make them available to
others).

WDYT?

--

Draw nearer to the Lord and He will bless you,

David M. Colburn, DMin. MaCo
Personal Site: bibleseven.com

1Cor. 15:22 "For just as in Adam all die,
so also in Christ all will be made alive."

I don't google I SEARCH! startpage.com