[CS-FSLUG] web hosting suggetions

Peter J. Vasquez Sr. pjvasquez at baeyogin.com
Fri May 4 10:51:27 CDT 2012

Have you considered running your own server?  I've used prgmr.com in
the past, and it's a pretty good option if you don't have the upstream
bandwidth to host your own, but need to stay within the $6-$8 per
month cost.  I would've kept using prgmr.com, but decided to start
using linode.com because of the ease for administrative tools, and the
availability of multiple site backup/redundancy.

Another advantage of running your own server is you have full control
of the system and can run ISPConfig (or another control panel
software) to manage any number of accounts/sites you need easily
through a web interface.  You may not have all of the space available
like some hosting-only companies, but for most sites, it should be
more than enough.  You can even look at reselling space to others to
offset your own cost if you know people with similar needs.

More information :
http://prgmr.com/xen/
http://www.ispconfig.org/
http://linode.com/