[CS-FSLUG] OT: The priest IS/WAS right!!

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:02:16 CST 2012

On 02.03.2012 04:36, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> I said the priest was/is correct BASED on the principles of the Catholic
> church. And, no I'm not a Catholic either. If it was a baptist church,
> for example, then all she'd have to deal with is God.....unrepentant sin.

+1

What I don't get is why there is so much noise about this? there are no
"big"  and "small" sins mentioned in the bible. At least as far as I know.

For me personally there are a few important points in handling this:

Accept ANY human being as such!
But don't accept everything they do!

I always think of one situation (and no my english fails me because I
only know the words in german, sorry). Jon 8, 3-11 i think.

Here are the words that seem the most important from me (copied from
King James translation)
- "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
So which human would have the right to condemn someone else?
- "And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
And this last sentence is important to me too. "go, and sin no more"!

He does not say "everything is fine now" but tells her to change her way.

1. Jesus accepts the people for what they are: humans! So we should as well!
2. Jesus does not condemn people, so shouldn't we!
3. Jesus tells people when they are wrong and that they should change,
and so should we! With love!

I think, this sums up quite well, how we should be with other people.

shalom

Marco