[CS-FSLUG] OT: The priest IS/WAS right!!

dcolburn at bibleseven.com dcolburn at bibleseven.com
Fri Mar 2 21:24:48 CST 2012

I agree that the majority of members and regular attendees, as well
as many deacons and elders, and some pastors are unsaved.

One *major* problem is the Saddleback/WillowCreek-effect where
believer-only activities are mixed with outreach activities to where
there is an absence of clarity between the two.

The Bible clearly teaches that there is a time and place for believers
to gather for worship and other forms of corporate activity, generally
visitors are permitted to be onlookers (but not always), but those times
are *not seeker-friendly* as they are *for believers*.

Our truly-saved members remain on milk because we never challenge
them to step-up to meat in any serious way.

Many of our truly-saved members 'hide' in "seeker-sensitive" gatherings
so they do not have to mature - because they like one foot in the world
and the other in the kingdom - and that is not a new problem.

The answer will require obliterating 'the idolatry of tradition' as well as
displacing 'the idolatry of political-correctness' (a big problem for those
who want a comfortable/familiar and non-challenging environment).

The answer also includes a high-priority on mutual accountability and
intimate fellowship (a big problem for organizations obsessed with
numeric growth over spiritual growth.)

--

Draw nearer to the Lord and He will bless you,
David M. Colburn, DMin. MaCo