[CS-FSLUG] prayer request, reflection

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Mon Apr 9 08:28:54 CDT 2012

The body of Christ is a very odd thing, each of us having strengths
and weaknesses.  God made us a very complex organism.  There are two
main ways to reach me, email and Skype.  Occasionally the phone
works.  Both Skype and email reach me, but occasionally it is delayed
by a day or two because I am traveling.

When it comes to prayer and spiritual support, it is best that you
not "put all your eggs in one basket."  If I am traveling and do not
get your email for two days, it could be that Ed would start praying
for you before then.  But occasionally something happens when most of
your primary contact group is down.  One mission I helped with
technology had two issues at the same time.  Their director suffered
a heart-attack, and their email server went down.  Everyone they
would usually contact by email was suddenly out of contact at an
extremely critical moment.  However, at that time, they still had
their phones, and they called out to a number of people to get the
prayer support they could.

Prayer support is very important, but I believe the Lord occasionally
wants different people to pray for us than we would otherwise get.
Instead of getting comfortable with a solid "safety-net", I think the
Lord likes to remind us that He is the one in-charge and the one we
really need to rely on.  It is  very good to develop some friends who
will hold you up in prayer, but realize that there are others who can
do the job too.  After all, it is the same God they are praying to.
Knowing you have some friends who will devote some time to prayer
helps us feel safer, but man's faithfulness does not change the
faithfulness of our God.

My advice: Develop some friends you can contact in a way that suits
both you and them.  But never change your faith from being in God to
being in them.

     - Tim Young

On 4/8/2012 12:56 PM, Yama Ploskonka wrote:
> Ron, the founder of our church, is slowly recovering from bad
> dengue fever.
>
> (snip)
> So I thought it might make sense that when there is a need for
> prayer, we would want to figure out a better way to get the word out.
(snip)