[CS-FSLUG] Where Linux crushes Windows like a bug

Craig Button craigb.rn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 13:53:44 CST 2011

I buy hardware, just because it's convenient and can depreciate and all that.  My servers are all Mission Critical Quality.  Can't build that in my basement.

It's the linux core that has been pared down to nothing that isn't needed, that rocks.  Of course the development and maintenance can be a pain sometimes.  But it did make some things easier.  All my patient data is highly encrypted, easy to do with linux server.  Even if someone steals all my data, unless they work for the NSA they will never find out my patients temperature even.

Then again, mot many health care organizations have an IT person, who used to be an intelligence office.  :)