[CS-FSLUG] I need a quick way to edit quite a few html documents

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Wed Jun 8 09:06:00 CDT 2011

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, davidm at hisfeet.net wrote:

> I need a way to edit all of those html files with a "find and replace"
> function to correct that (and other errors). I'm using Mint10 (nearly the
> same as ubuntu).
>
> I'd prefer a color coded html editor capable of multiple documents, but
> even an effective method to do it from command line (if I can find
> adequate and simple documentation) would do the job.

I'm sure someone here can help you construct a sed command for that. But
to answer the tangential question of editing by hand, I highly recommend
Cream. I'm sure it's available from the standard Ubuntu/Mint
repositories. It will take a few moments to learn, but this tame
interface on top of Gvim offers the most extravagant syntax coloring
I've ever seen. I prefer the setting which turns the color scheme into
"terminal (reverse)" white-on-black, but there are numerous themes out
there. Of course, if you know a little about Vim already, then Gvim is
even better.

Ed Hurst
--------
Open for Business - http://ofb.biz/