[CS-FSLUG] Laptop Power Jack

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Sat Dec 17 15:40:05 CST 2011

I horse traded and obtained a decent Latitude D620. However, the power
jack seems to have been disconnected. That is, the previous owner took
it to some independent shop to have a wifi module added, and from images
I've seen it's right next to the power jack, which is on the back edge.
The problem arose right after, and the shop refused to look into it.
Battery works fine, but the two or three Dell power bricks which I know
work on other systems don't work on this thing.

I've not dismantled a laptop before. Just how hard can it be to find out
whether I can identify the issue?

--
Ed Hurst
--------