[CS-FSLUG] Confessions of a Dumb Spreadsheet User

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:33:02 CDT 2011

I tend to download my transactions, not so much for the current
balance, but rather as a way to ensure I'm still within my budget.
I'm not a by-the-books budget freak - I won't blow my top when I blow
my budget for a given area.  But at least I know I need to be a bit
more vigilant.

Of course, it really helps that I'm blessed these days to have enough
money in my accounts that I can go overboard a little without sinking
my ship.  Maybe a better way to describe it is that the ship already
sank, and I'm blessed to have ample supplies in my life raft.  ;-)
Times were really tough for a couple of years, my brothers.  Much
better now, though!

I've been seeing the news about debit card transactions - and have
noticed the banks seem to want us to use our debit cards more like
credit cards anyway.  I love technology, but also have a sense of
hesitancy about trusting any one entity beyond a certain point.

But while I can, I'll take advantage of the various means to manage my
money as well as I can.  :-)

--
D.C. Parris, FMP LEED AP O+M
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate