[CS-FSLUG] Macs and Linux use in CD Vol 80 - Issue 11

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Nov 1 12:05:50 CDT 2010

Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> writes:
> The lack of current UBS/NA and BHS
> critical editions of Greek and Hebrew are also painful, even ignoring the
> lack of critical apparatus, etc.

Tell me why WHNU doesn't suit your needs.  WHNU is:

| The Westcott-Hort edition of 1881 with complete parsing information
| for all Greek words. Readings of Nestle27/UBS4 shown, also with
| complete parsing information attached

If it matters, we also gained WH2006 a while back, in the Xiphos repo:

| The New Testament in the Original Greek
| The text revised by Brooke Foss Westcott D.D. and Fenton John Anthony
| Hort D.D.  Available in an edition by Hendrickson Publishers, ISBN
| 1565636740.

But let us know if there are other, legitimate sources of NA or UBS that
we could use.

Also note that we now have SBL Greek NT and its apparatus, via Logos, in
the main CrossWire repo.  The apparatus is as a commentary.

| The SBLGNT is edited by Michael W. Holmes, who utilized a wide range
| of printed editions, all the major critical apparatuses, and the
| latest technical resources and manuscript discoveries as he
| established the text. The result is a critically edited text that
| differs from the Nestle-Aland/United Bible Societies text in more than
| 540 variation units.

We do not have BHS.  But we do have WLC and Aleppo Codex, along with
OSMHB, Open Scriptures Morphological Hebrew Bible:

| This text is based on the Westminster Leningrad Codex, tagged with
| Strong's numbers, and maintained by OpenScriptures.org. OpenScriptures
| plans to add morphology tagging. To contribute to this effort or
| follow its progress, see http://beta.openscriptures.org/projects/project/morphhb/.

> Oddly, the BDB Hebrew lexicon ought to be able to be put into it, given
> its age (I'd think), but it isn't there.

It's been repeatedly asked for.  There are problems.  See
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,379#1054

--karl