[CS-FSLUG] Voice Recognition on GNU/Linux

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 10:15:01 CDT 2010

Does anyone on our list use speech recognition software for giving
commands... launching applications, opening web pages, etc.?  If so, what do
you use?  How well does it work?  Does the computer 'talk' back to you?

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on my desktop & 9.04 on my laptop, to give you an
idea of my environment.

I ask because I've got Mac-using friends whose computers tell them
'knock-knock' jokes, launch apps and web pages.  Seems more novel than
useful, but still...

Blessings,
Don
--
D.C. Parris, FMP LEED AP O+M
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate