[CS-FSLUG] Congregations struggle in aging, decaying churches

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Mon Jul 19 10:55:51 CDT 2010

What a far cry todays "churches" are from the biblical pattern. Not once
in the entire New Testament do we see the people of God building, or
owning any real estate. There never was a case in the New Testament of
more than one church in any town. And there never was a case of
professional clergy of any type.
Instead, "the Lord added to the church such as should be saved". Jesus was
the only head of the church, and the church was His body on earth with
every member involved.
What a simple concept! And they "turned the world upside down." Their one
mission was the great commision, and they did it in their generation (see
Colossions chapter one. Probably no generation since has done that .
certainly not ours. It is Jesus' command.  Wouldn't it make sense for us
to do first what He commanded? (since we call Him Lord!). AT least reach
the world with the gospel, before we invest in "houses of worship".
Dave.