[CS-FSLUG] CUPS PPD files

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Sun Jul 11 14:18:06 CDT 2010

While poking around in one of our closets, I found my old Epson AP-3250.
It still works fine, if somewhat slow. I plugged it in and found the
appropriate CUPS driver, but something seems missing. At one time the
driver recognized the built-in fonts, and would offer them in OpenOffice.
They aren't there any more. I looked at the PPD and it doesn't reference
the built-in fonts, no mention of font.def, etc.

Can anyone tell me if this is something which changed with CUPS, or some
other source? I actually liked some of the standard fonts.

--
Ed Hurst