[CS-FSLUG] Printers on Linux

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Thu Jul 8 07:08:29 CDT 2010

l4c wrote:

> In other words, go ahead and run your HP printer Ed, and if they give
> you any guff, remind them about that (federal) Magnusson-Moss law.
> Chances are you just happened to talk to an "associate" who is not
> really familiar with HP's support policy.  You can be sure there is
> someone there who actually knows better.

I appreciate all the reactions from everyone. However, my comments were
the direct result of contacting HP support. I did elevate to their
company HQ, but they were the ones demanding I first go through the
support ticket system, which is not authorized to respond to Linux users
directly. They simply send the links to their HPLIP pages and that ends
the conversation.

So I have poked the CEO's office again, but the sum total of the
contents of their communications has indicated I'm chasing my tail for
their amusement.

My original question still stands: Is there a better line of printers
which don't cost more than the computer to which I connect them?

--
Ed Hurst