[CS-FSLUG] OT: Maximized Living

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:12:37 CST 2010

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On 01/30/2010 12:04 PM, Frank Bax wrote:
>> A local doctor has been advertising his seminars on a local Christian
>> radio station.  I checked the doctor's website to read about the
>> seminar and found the seminar will include "The true cause of cancer,
>> heart disease, and diabetes, and how to avoid it."
>>
>> I found a reference to "Maximized Living".  The doctor is listed here:
>>      http://www.maximizedlivingchiropractic.com/
>
> Frank, I checked out the site, which I didn't know about, and can't say
> I found anything alarming, but I didn't spend a lot of time there
> either. As to getting rid of cancer and maybe not getting it, he's
> probably right.....big pharma doesn't want the public to know all about
> that and other human problems.

On a more serious note, I took a quick look at the site (1min?).  It
looks like they don't want to give you much information up front.  It's
a business of selling books and nutritional supplements, it looks like.

I would agree that eating more natural foods and exercising more would
help our health.  My brother-in-law was able to fight a cancer better by
changing his diet.

I guess a problem I have with this type of thing (the cynic in me?) is
that if they really have the answer, why don't they share it openly to
everyone rather than selling overpriced books and supplements?

Anyway, a couple of quick thoughts on the topic.

sjm