[CS-FSLUG] OT: The Hidden Dangers of Peacemakers

Jason P. Franklin haronniin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 12:37:08 CST 2010

That's an interesting article.  While we are in unity on most topics, Tim, I stand in disagreement with your description and conclusion.  I commented on the OFB site itself, so I won't rehash that here.   Suffice it to say that I think you've painted an incomplete picture.

I'm wondering, though,  what your experience has been with program that would leave such a bad taste.  From my experience with the model (I've helped several churches adopt some form a peacemaking model/system) I would say that if something as you described happened from a so-called "Peacemaking Church" then they were not staying true to the model but had perverted it for their own ends.  The covenants, if properly administered, hold the leadership as accountable, if not more so, than the average member.

As for the PDC thing... the two have nothing to do with each other.  That accusation (if there is anything to accuse of) is something of a non-sequitor.

Jason P. Franklin
Christian/Husband/Father/Missionary
haronniin at gmail.com

I proudly support Parental Rights!