[CS-FSLUG] Swearing in this forum - CD, Vol 82, Issue 13

George Rodier gwgr at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 15 14:56:53 CST 2010

Gentlefolk,

Do I understand correctly that all of this virtual ink has flowed in
response to what the Gage Canadian Dictionary describes as a slang
intensifier? I am referring to the adjective immediately preceding "well
made" in the original posting in Vol 82, Issue 7.

By the way, I certainly take Fred's paragraphs starting with an asterisk
to be quoted from some other, if unnamed, source.

Personally, I just read the phrase in Fred's post as "very well made".
So, Fred, the next time you come across a similar use of that proscribe
word as an adjective please replace it with [very].

All the same, thanks to all for the mental exercises of my looking up
the original post and re-reading the Biblical citation in the criticism
(both in English and in French) and for driving me back to my hard-copy
dictionary - I needed the exercise.

Georges

Le mercredi 15 décembre 2010 à 12:00 -0600,
christiansource-request at ofb.biz a écrit :
[snip

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. OT: An intense ad from Aussieland that's VERY good!! Re:
>       Christiansource Digest, Vol 82, Issue 7 (zerothis baud)
>    2. Re: OT: An intense ad from Aussieland that's VERY good!! Re:
>       Christiansource Digest, Vol 82, Issue 7 (Ed Hurst)
>    3. Re: OT: An intense ad from Aussieland that's VERY good!! Re:
>       Christiansource Digest, Vol 82, Issue 7 (Jon Glass)
>    4. Re: OT: An intense ad from Aussieland that's VERY good!! Re:
>       Christiansource Digest, Vol 82, Issue 7 (Frank Bax)
>    5. Re: OT: An intense ad from Aussieland that's VERY good!! Re:
>       Christiansource Digest, Vol 82, Issue 7 (Jon Glass)
>    6. Re: OT: An intense ad from Aussieland that's VERY good!! Re:
>       Christiansource Digest, Vol 82, Issue 7 (Ed Hurst)

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:43:26 -0800
> From: zerothis baud <zerothis23 at gmail.com>
> To: christiansource at ofb.biz
> Subject: [CS-FSLUG] OT: An intense ad from Aussieland that's VERY
> 	good!! Re: Christiansource Digest, Vol 82, Issue 7
>
> >    1. OT: An intense ad from Aussieland that's VERY good!!
>
> Is swearing actually helpful in this forum (EPH 4:29)?

>[snip]

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 07:15:50 -0500
> From: Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca>
[snip]

> There is no indication in the original email that the text is a quote.

[snip]