[CS-FSLUG] The Flu Vaccine Debate

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Mon Nov 23 10:28:29 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Ed Hurst <ehurst at soulkiln.org> wrote:
> 8. As presented in the mainstream media, the voice of the medical services
> urges us to ignore such questions. Indeed, there is at times almost a
> frantic, hostile voice telling the public to "Shut up and do what we tell
> you!" It's very difficult to separate government from doctor at this point.
> The system has not answered the questions.

Here's an interesting true story. I live in Poland. The Polish
government has gone out of its way to _not_ portray this as a crisis,
and attempted to calm fears about it, as much is reasonable without
creating the opposite effect ("they're hiding an epidemic"). Yet the
media here is countering that, and trying to create the impression of
an epidemic. It gets even weirder, our US Consulate here has sent an
email that also attempts to counter the hype--but people don't want to
believe it!!! And the Media seems to be behind it. Go figure...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland