[CS-FSLUG] Further accurate info. on H1N1

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Mon Nov 23 08:49:17 CST 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:19:47 -0600, David McGlone <david at dmcentral.net>
wrote:

> On Sunday 22 November 2009 22:27:53 Craig Button wrote:
>> Hmm. Interesting. So just planning on having enough to live off of
>> when I retire make me a lover of money huh. I'm having a hard time
>> figuring how my thoughts on medicine (yes I'm biased, it's what I do
>> for a living) has to do with fighting the good fight of the faith.
>
> I have a family member who was in the same boat you are in. For 22
> years the pastor at church would ask him if he was going to quit his
> job as a machinist at Anhauser Busch. The reply was always no. The
> job paid more than he'd ever be able to make anywhere else and with 5
> kids to feed and care for, switching jobs wasn't feasible.

Yes, walk a mile in my shoes.

There are a thousand tangents here, and I'm struggling to keep my mind on
the topic. As a moderator, I'm not too happy with the idea Craig's
financial plans are part of any debate. Let's watch that sort of thing,
folks. There is plenty about the issue of vaccines, governments, and the
medical industry as a whole to discuss without unwarranted sniping.

--
Ed Hurst