[CS-FSLUG] Karmic Koala

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Nov 1 19:41:31 CST 2009

David McGlone wrote:
> On Sunday 01 November 2009 18:13:04 Ed Hurst wrote:
>
>> Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
>>
>>> But again, Ed, since we are on it, perhaps it would be time to try some
>>> Slack derivatives, such as BlueWhite 64, Slamd64, VectorLinux, or Slax.
>>> They have all the Slack advantages, and (hopefully) nothing of the
>>> objections.
>>>
>> There was a time when digging into it with code splattered all over me
>> was quite fun. It's no fun any more. I've gotten lazy about Linux
>> because I just want to use it, not learn more about it. Anything Slack
>> based would be starting all over again.
>>

> Ed I felt this way long ago and Tim encouraged me to try Ubuntu, but of
> course I wasn't willing to give up KDE. This was like 4 year ago or maybe less
> so I settled on Kubuntu. I finally got fed up with KDE and as you now know have
> been on my Ubuntu system for about a month now I think. I have to admit maybe,
> just maybe I should have listened to time about Ubuntu 4 years ago.

No, because Gnome 4 yrs. ago was a "joke" and one reason I stayed right
were I was with SUSE.
> I hope things work out for you.

Me too. I've never been comfortable with Novell's relationship with
MickySoft, plus even though there are some good things I can say about
the "new" KDE, there's a lot of configurability lost after 3.5, and I've
not been happy about it. So, maybe the time is right for me to at least
consider a switch.

Fred

--
Someone is a liberal when you can't reason them out of
anything, because they never reason themselves into any