[CS-FSLUG] Death of the Net

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Mar 25 22:14:02 CDT 2009

> What do you see?

	I think more of a spoke-and-wheel ecosystem, with things like
PlayStations/Xboxes drawing in content to the TVs, etc. Smartphones
communicating with all of the devices around the house, etc. But, I'm
not convinced the PC is dead, for one big reason: readability. One
can't write a paper, blog, Facebook entry or anything else nearly as
easily with the small screen (or keyboard). In the era of 20-24"
screened PC's, I think the brains might go to the phone, but people
aren't going to give up the big screens.

	(And TVs aren't a good substitute for many tasks, given their lower
resolution and non-optimal distance.)

	I see information flowing to the point where people don't care what
device they are using, though.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Philosophy  always  requires  something  more,
Editor, OfB.biz   | requires the eternal,  the true, in contrast to
tbutler at ofb.biz   | which even the fullest existence as such is but
timothybutler.us  | a happy moment."
                                                -- Søren Kierkegaard