[CS-FSLUG] Linux is really frustrating.

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Mar 3 10:02:46 CST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Jim Isbell, W5JAI <jim.isbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I really like is the way it keeps you
> informed with very robust instructions on screen and descriptions of
> what it is doing and what to expect.  It never leaves you wondering
> what its doing or what to do next.  BUT...I still havent got the
> printer configured.

Actually, while I do love the rather "chatty" help it gives you, I've
seen it overwhelm a couple people. They also liked the help they got
(both non-geeks--one my Dad), but it sometimes takes a bit of reading
to find the info you want. But like you, I would rather that than a
paucity of information! ;-)

Now, to the printer.... I wouldn't retain much hope. Actually, there
are drivers out there that you can find with much searching, but some
require compiling, and all have to somehow find their way to  the CUPS
system. So far, every time I sat down to get my Canon iP3000
configured, I ended up giving up. I don't need printing from our Puppy
computer, so it never became a priority for me. However, it _should_
be theoretically possible.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland