[CS-FSLUG] Linux is really frustrating.

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Mar 3 01:06:15 CST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:56 AM, Jim Isbell, W5JAI <jim.isbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I solved the wav file problem.  I dumped Freespire in favor of Puppy
> which runs flawlessly.
> but Puppy is faster and it works so I doubt that I will go back once I
> ramp up the learning curve.

Puppy isn't difficult, but it _is_ different--and quirky. I love
playing with it, but in actual use, we use it primarily for browsing
the web, and nothing more. It runs great on 10 yr old tech, which
keeps a Dell laptop of that vintage in action, and relieves our kids'
Mac Miini for more "serious" work. ;-) Puppy is fortunate in that
there is tons of information out there, and a large community. If you
are also the "quirky" type, you will love Puppy, like me. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland